After Care Of Your Jewelry
After care of jewelry
At Ornate Jewels our Jewelry is crafted to last a lifetime, however with normal wear proper care is required to keep it looking good.
We hope that you'll find these guidelines helpful .
Jewelry Care Tips
- Take off your Jewelry when doing chores in the kitchen , gardening , cleaning the house etc.
- Wear Jewelry after putting on your makeup, keep it away from lotions, creams and fragrance .
- Don’t wear Jewelry In swimming pools and spas as chlorinated water can cause damage to your precious jewels.
- Remove your Jewelry before bathing.
Cleaning Your Jewelry
- Polish silver or gold with a Jewelry polishing cloth for best results. You can use a svelte or an old diaper, but the professional cloths are the best. Don’t use tissue or paper towels as they can cause scratches because of fibers in these products.
- Clean your Jewelry with care. Cleaning your own Jewelry regularly, can keep it looking good, but be careful. You can either purchase commercial cleaners from a Jeweler or make a cleaning a solution yourself. Rubbing alcohol can work wonders.
- Keep Your Jewelry secure store your jewelry in a container and prevent pieces from moving around. While fabric-lined jewelry boxes are ideal, this can be as simple as using a plastic box and piece of fabric.
- Prevent your Jewelry from tarnishing, Sometimes Jewelry tarnishes when it's not worn, especially silver and gold. To maintain the luster of your jewelry, place silver anti-tarnish strips in your storage container to absorb the oxidants that discolor and tarnish jewelry.
- Never use toothpaste to clean Silver Jewelry, as it is very abrasive.
- Never dip Silver Jewelry in dipping commercial cleaning solutions even though it may say that it is for Silver Jewelry. Dipping Jewelry in cleaners may work the first few times, but after that, the Silver Jewelry may change color and will never look the same.